Enjoy World Cup Skiing in Meribel Holiday!

February 15, 2013 no comments

Ski Basics

The buzz of competition has been brewing in Meribel for the last couple of weeks as we’re all getting pretty excited about the arrival of our favorite female skiers for the FIS Alpine Ski World Cup. Held on February 23rd and 24th, it’s set to be an eventful couple of days, especially for the speedy finalists who we’re welcoming to Meribel after a decade away from World Cup ski racing.

“There are some course adjustments currently being made and those will be finished for our 2013 event. Meribel has a great infrastructure still available as legacy of the 1992 Games, which has been recently refurnished, and a great high standard of hotels. The 2013 event will be an excellent opportunity to test the organization before the challenging Finals week in 2015 – with the full program of nine competitions the Finals are always tough,” said Atle Skaardal, FIS Chief Race Director for the ladies tour. “I have no doubt; we are in the best of hands with the team in charge and will have a successful event in Meribel in 2013’’.

Those enjoying a chalet holiday in Meribel can expect great viewing access from the Chaudanne area (that’s the main ski lift area in the centre of Meribel for any first-timers!) with heaps going on to keep all ages entertained. Saturday brings the women’s Downhill World Cup with site access from 8.45am, start time at 10.30am and entertainment until 8pm including an ice rink, prize giving ceremony, French ski team autograph signing, live music and even a quirky electro light show.

Residents and those enjoying a ski holiday in Meribel will be treated to another day of events on Sunday 24th February too, where the women’s Super Combined World Cup will entertain us with an impressive combination of both downhill and slalom events. Simply take a stroll from your chalet in Meribel to the Chaudanne (or hop on a free of charge Meribus) to catch the downhill event from 11am and slalom at 2.15pm, ending in the official closing party in the sponsors village where you can celebrate in style.

Plus, the event organisers haven’t forgotten about why you may have booked your skiing in Meribel holiday in the first place, as only 3% of the total area will be inaccessible to non-competitors – leaving a mammoth 97% left for you to explore!

Comments     Comment

No Comments yet..

Add a Comment

You can use these HTML tags:
<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>